Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Photojournalism... My experience with it

While I was in attendance at California State University, Sacramento, I worked on the school newspaper, The State Hornet, and also with Public Affairs. Lately I have been spending a lot of time focusing on the portrait aspect of photography, and I feel like I am neglecting the fact that I am also a photojournalist. Usually I don't like posting to my blog more than once a day, but I may have a photojournalist opportunity coming into my life in the near future, and need to post some of my work... just in case.

These are some of my favorites from my time working with The State Hornet.

All of the following photos are copyright The State Hornet.

Issue #5: Ceramic's Department is profiled

Issue #6: This photo was taken for a story on the Aquatic Center @ CSUS

Issue #6: This photo was taken for the same story on the Aquatic Center, and kayaking at sunset

Issue #7: Before a Women's Soccer game on campus @ CSUS

Issue #7: This photo was also taken from a Women's Soccer game on campus @ CSUS

Issue #8: Ryan Chin, Publications Director in the Public Affairs office, is profiled

Issue #8: This photo was also featured with the profile of Ryan Chin, and was taken on the Guy West pedestrian bridge

Issue #9: Pictured here are two campus nurses getting flu shots ready to give students flu shots on campus

Issue #9: A school nurse gives a student a flu shot on campus

Issue #10: Scott Hawkins was murdered in one of the dorms on campus by another student. This photo was taken at his memorial service outside the dorms

Issue #10: Students light candles at the memorial for Scott Hawkins

Issue #10: Senior photography students put together a show at Beatnik Studios

Issue #10: Nigel Poor, one of the photography professors, talks with students at the Senior Portfolio Student Show @ Beatnik Studios

Issue #11: CSUS Men's Basketball Hall of Fame Ceremony

Issue #11: CSUS Men's Basketball Hall of Fame Ceremony

Issue #12: Skateboarding Club is profiled

Issue #12: The president of the Skateboard Club shows off his skateboarding skills

Issue #12: Ribbons for Scott Hawkins are sold in the University Union

Issue #14: Women's Gymnastics Team is profiled

Issue #14: Women's Gymnastic's Coach, Kim Hughes is interviewed about how the team is doing

No comments:

Post a Comment