Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 3 - 5.27.2011 - Beijing

Today was a very, very busy day. I'm going to make tonight's post short as I am exhausted and ready for bed. In the morning I photographed the delegates at the University of International Business and Economics meeting with the Chinese professors of the University. Took some pictures of the meeting. Then had lunch at a restaurant at the base of the Great Wall (the Badaling section). Then walked about the Great Wall for a few hours and took some AMAZING photos! That's about it, so enjoy the photos.
Reflections of the tangled wires and a pedestrian sign from the bus ride to the University.

The Bird's Nest (from the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing)

The Great Wall - Badaling Section

Chinese flag hanging outside the Great Wall

Ceramic plates from a shop outside the Great Wall. I bought my OFFICIAL Chinese Buddah from this shop :)

Statue from a "coffee shop" outside the Great Wall

Narrow passage under one section of Great Wall, with another section seen through the archway

Chinese farmers off the main road from the Great Wall

I owe it all to my dad! I love you dad!

Some Chinese women stopped me as I was walking and taking photos by myself. One told me I was "very beautiful and have beautiful coloring" (tattoos). The four of them wanted pictures with me, and this took about 15 minutes as only one spoke very little English. The said they "want to be American" and throw up a peace sign... Whatever made them happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Stunning photos from the Great Wall! Looks like you had beautiful weather. And you're famous :) So funny about that group of women.

    ReplyDelete