Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 4 - 5.28.2011 - Beijing

Today was our last full day in Beijing. I'm a little sad to be leaving here as it is such an amazing city with really unique people. I am making this short as it is already 10.15 here and I have to be up by 5.45 to finish packing, shower, and get ready to board a 3 hour flight to Guilin in the morning. Today we visited old Beijing, Tian'anmen Square, and The Forbidden City. Here were a few of my favorites from today.

During our stop in "Old Beijing" we visited a family home, and when we left, these two little kids were standing outside the doorway. The little girl asked me "Take picture?" After I had taken the photo, she then asked me "I see, I see?". After showing her the photo I had taken of the two of them, she began jumping up and down and clapping saying "Yay!" Those two children started my morning off in "rural" Beijing in a great way!

A Beijing newspaper laying in the street

The Forbidden City

This photo was taken just before we left Qian Men Emperor's Avenue, and before heading back to the hotel for the night. The trolley gave me a brief feeling of being back home - of being in Chinatown in San Francisco.

1 comment:

  1. It is so neat to see children of other cultures. You realize how children are really alike: their wants, needs, smiles, laughter, excitement. Great capture. The Forbidden City looks incredible and grand! When my mom went to China, that was her favorite place to visit :)

    ReplyDelete