Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Life has a funny way... | Sacramento Photographer | August 2013


 Some of my fans and followers are already aware of my ironic misfortune these last few months, perhaps you have seen if you follow my everyday life through Instagram. But for the rest of you, let me fill y'all in a bit... Sit back, and grab some popcorn, it's a good one! ;)


My misfortune all began to try and hold me down, with a broken kneecap in April... That didn't hold me down for long at all!! I proceeded to photograph a gorgeous wedding, only a few short weeks later, with a full leg immobilizer, and couldn't have been more pleased with the results! (See the beautiful highlights from that day here.)

Healing of my kneecap that was once cracked in half, came along very nicely, as I am fully healed and back at the gym! I love working out! Woot! :) Anyhow, the ironicism (is that even a word) that is my amazing life continues...

During the beginning of June, nearly eight weeks and fully recovered from my broken knee, my misfortunes traveled to my midsection one very interesting Thursday evening.

My very first surgery, at 27, (yes I am 27 and proud!), was brought on that very early Friday morning, due to the amazingly, stupid organ that has no purpose at all, but to cause pain... the appendix. Really, what is the purpose of the appendix? Some prehistoric appendage that is treated with antibiotics in Europe, when inflamed, and surgically removed here in the states (as was mine that Friday morning in June).


Three small incisions and one very ironic story later, things are beginning to turn uphill, extremely quickly! Life can happen very quickly as it has for me, and suddenly I have found myself moving to a house (from a very tiny duplex), where I finally have my very own office! Running a business from your home can prove difficult when your office is scattered all about your living space!


 Moving day came and we had amazing amounts of help!! From the old house...

To the new house! This front room has amazing light for portraits, and a working fireplace! Not to mention...

My very own office!! :)
Got some pretty cute new roommates too!! :)

I will be using my new space to have a session giveaway at my new home studio! I need some new canvas and samples to fill these walls! I am extremely grateful for all I have experienced, and all I have photographed. Details coming soon!! Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment