Wednesday, August 7, 2013

When you're a kid, it's easy to make-believe... | Sacramento Portrait Photographer | August 2013

When you're a kid, it's easy to make-believe what life will be like when you become a grown-up. How many children you have, what your partner is like, your career choice, all fantasized about while playing dress up with your childhood best friend, to recreate Mariah Carey's latest music video in your bedroom, on a Sunday afternoon. Not a care in the world, except for maybe who to invite, and who not to invite, to your birthday party...

That was what my childhood was like, with one particular family friend, who became family over the many years, and many different zip code changes. Our parents are really good friends, and go back to their college days. We lived in different towns, and went to different schools, but that didn't stop our afternoon music video recreations, or slumber parties filled with Goldfish Crackers. When we were younger, envisioning what our future families would be like, was a walk in the park, and we had the most beautiful children ever!

Well this childhood friend I speak of, had an absolutely gorgeous, and very healthy, baby girl, and I was privileged to meet her for the first time this summer! With Alesha, and her beautiful daughter Cali, living in Texas, and Alesha's parents living here in Northern California, her first visit to her home state was an extremely important one for all of us! This was an impressive first meeting for myself, as I was meeting that child that we had once fantasized about, many years ago! 

Just recovering from a broken kneecap and appendicitis, I was dying to get back behind the lens! What better way to get back into the swing of things, than with a very simple, home-town, photo session with my childhood best friend and her daughter! (That is still a little weird to say! We are officially "grown-ups" now... even though my favorite place on Earth is still Disneyland!)

I would like to introduce you to Cali! I have absolutely no words for this beautiful face! I cannot wait to watch her grow as I have watched her mother grow along side myself! Looking forward to many more home-town sessions with this cutie! :)















So in love with that beautiful face and cannot wait to see you two beautiful ladies soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment