Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Father-Daughter Love | Brian and Joselyn | Fair Oaks Plaza | October 2013

It was a very windy fall afternoon. I don't think either of us expected it to be such a crisp autumn day! But that didn't stop us from making the best of it! Like we always do!

Brian and I go back... Way back! He was the overprotective brother I never had. He was best friends with my brother, and quickly became part of the Smith Clan, even sharing a roof for a few years. You learn a lot about someone when you share the same roof, and I learned just how compassionate and caring this "tough guy" could be. Little did I know, Brian was practicing his fatherly ways with me, long before the adorable Joselyn had graced us all with her beauty and charm!

Brian always looked out for me like I was his little sister. Always making sure that I was taken care of, his fatherly charm came naturally... In his own sort of way! ;)

Brian came to me one day, a few weeks back, with one request, "I need some decent photos of Joselyn and I. We really don't have any." Boy was I excited! It had been many years since I had the privilege of photographing my brother! I knew I would be in for a treat!

I don't think the wind would have been that bad on that late October day, if it hadn't been such a cold wind! It howled, and blew, like it hadn't blown in years! So glad I had brought a blanket for them to sit on! We mostly used it to keep little Joselyn from freezing to death! Sure made for some adorable, cuddly, close ups!

As we began taking pictures, a piece of the palm tree from the tree directly above my car, actually Zach's 2003 Honda I had borrowed that day, fell directly on top of the car, causing the alarm to scream loudly! It was a pretty large piece of tree, and I'm assuming his car is ok, as I still haven't examined the roof! (Sorry Zach!) The commotion of the alarm echoing throughout old Fair Oaks caused quite a scene, and Joselyn was sure to let me know that the car got hit on the head! (Pictured below, when she points to her head.)

The afternoon glow made for some great photos, but I think the Honda might disagree... :-/

Our time was cut a little short because of the cold, but I sure enjoyed every minute! :)


Joselyn was freezing her buns off, but had no issues cuddling up to her daddy! I love how she is such a daddy's girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment