Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"Watch Me Grow" - Skylar - 1st Birthday Cake Smash - Mountain Ranch, CA - March 2013

Let me preface this blog by saying that I love when my clients become friends! :)

I have been following Kelly and her beautiful family for the last year, as part of my "Watch Me Grow" sessions I offer. It all began with a newborn baby, that grew into a great friendship! I would like to thank Kelly for letting me capture your family over the last year, and I cannot wait to photograph your destination wedding in Yosemite later this year! 

Through the last year, not only have I seen this gorgeous baby girl, Skylar, develop through my photos, but I have also seen my photography develop immensely.  From Skylar's in home newborn session, to the camo-themed three-month session, a park-themed six-month session, and an in-home nine-month session, to finish up with a pink tutu-themed 1st birthday cake smash session; I have seen this gorgeous beauty grow before my eyes!

Held at Skylar's Great-Grandmother's house, this cake smash session was one for the record books. It all began with a cake that fell apart, and began to drift downhill after that. Skylar's mother had baked and decorated the cake from scratch (she bakes awesome cakes, by the way, if anyone needs a custom cake). The cake had fallen apart by the time she had arrived to our session location. Trying to piece it together with icing and fondant, the cake had other plans...

Not to mention the weather. It was a very chilly, crisp March afternoon in Mountain Ranch, California. Originally, we had planned for the session to be held outdoors, however, I don't believe it warmed up to even 60 degrees that day, so we decided to move the session indoors.

After Grandma smashed the cake into Skylar's face, it was time for some smiles, and milk!

 
Love those blue eyes!!

Such an amazing 1st birthday session!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment